We introduced you to our ideas for entertaining Canadian friends coming via the Peace Bridge a few weeks ago. Now, Part II gives you the best list for when your hockey lovers cross to the States on the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls, NY.
THE RAINBOW BRIDGE
‘I’m passing through. Wanna meet for coffee? Lunch?’ (45mins-2hrs)
- Murphy’s Cafe on 3rd 250 Rainbow Blvd. (corner of 3rd, in Jefferson Apts.) Niagara Falls, NY 14303 A hometown cafe serving up breakfast, lunch, and of course, coffee.
- Michael’s 3011 Pine Ave. Niagara Falls, NY 14303 A classic Italian spot & a TripAdvisor 2013 winner.
- Old Falls St. The up & coming hotspot is on Old Falls St. where you can check out live music, food trucks, outdoor movies, rent bikes, & hit up festivals. Follow them on Twitter to stay updated: @OldFallsTweet
- Starbucks 300 3rd St. Niagara Falls, NY 14303 Tried, tested, & true- this Starbucks is located in the Sheraton at the Falls, if you feel like a frappucino.
‘Let’s spend the day together!’ (2-6hrs)
- Niagara Falls This amazing site can never be viewed enough. Take your coffee or lunch here to enjoy the view.
- Wine on Third 501 3rd St. Niagara Falls, NY 14303 This hotspot boasts everything from a robust wine list to small plates, entrees, an outside patio, live music, art & dessert. One of our favs in Niagara Falls! (drink responsibly; reserve for dinner; late hours)
- The Aquarium of Niagara 701 Whirlpool St. Niagara Falls, NY 14301 Feed a seal, chill out watching the seahorse, or find Nemo.
- Seneca Niagara Casino 310 4th St. Niagara Falls, NY 14303 Need we say more?
- Top of the Falls Restaurant Goat Island, Niagara Falls, NY View the Falls & grab a bite from a spectacular view (we suggest the outdoor patio! check website for hours & reservations)
- Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls 1900 Military Rd. Niagara Falls, NY 14304 Find some deals, hit up favorite stores, stock up for the season, & start your Christmas shopping.
- The Western Door 310 4th St. (inside Seneca Niagara Casino) Have a swanky dinner at the top steakhouse in the region. You won’t regret it.
‘I’m gonna be here all day!’ (6-24hrs)
- Maid of the Mist Niagara Falls State Park, NY 14303 The ultimate way to experience the Falls. Get an up close, wet experience aboard the Mist and be amazed.
- Cave of the Winds Niagara Falls State Park, NY Get even more up close & personal with this walk near the Falls where you will feel as if you’re in the rainforest. Did you know they tear down and then replace the wooden walkways every year due to weather conditions in winter?
- Niagara Gorge Trail Niagara Falls State Park, NY Numerous trails are here along the gorge- take to it and walk along side a beautiful view of the river gorge. (proper shoes for these trails)