We’ll take the rain any day over snow, bitter wind, and single digit temps! Buffalo is in the 40s all weekend and that means Elmwood will be bustling, traffic will be heavy, and we leave our jackets at home. Heat wave!
- Make your reservations RIGHT NOW to Bistro Europa on Elmwood. They close up this location on Monday in prep for their big move to Connecticut St. This is your last chance to hold court in the original hot spot. Call 716-884-1100. Check out their menu updates at europabuffalo.com or on their Twitter @europabuffalo
- It’s the last weekend to catch ‘Once’ at Shea’s. This eight-time award winning Broadway show gives you a beautiful story of a musician who finds inspiration with a new girl in his life and how the growing love inspires the music. Do not miss this! Click here for tickets. The show closes 3/30.
- Buffalo Quickies opens this weekend and continues through April 19th at the Alleyway Theatre. Seven quick plays all take place in one evening- everything from homework to the wild wild west, planned accidents to spicing up your marriage. Located in the Theater District of Buffalo, grab dinner nearby at Encore (sushi), Rue Franklin (dress up for French), or Bambino (pizza, wine, late night). [bambino boasts online reservations- do it in the car or before you hit the underground]
***remember, Perfetto is temporarily closed…hmm…unfortunately, we need to keep this off our downtown list for now…
- RED is in its last weekend at 710 Main Theatre. (all about that theater district this weekend!) Art. Paint the town red. Winning six Tony Awards, this is a not-to-be-missed performance run in our city of Buffalo. Hurry because it ends 3/30! Tickets here! Get your food fix at Kaydara Noodle Bar on Main St. (hello, pho), Founding Fathers on Edward St. (free nachos), or Seabar on Ellicott (you better reserve quick).
- Wu Man performs Saturday and Sunday at Kleinhans with the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra. Who is Wu Man, you ask? She is a virtuosic pipa player. What is a pipa, you ask? A pipa is a traditional lute-like instrument from China (often associated with ‘the sound of China’). Still curious? Recall back to Incubus‘ ‘Aqueous Transmission’ in the early 2000s. That cool sounding plucked string you hear in the beginning is a pipa. Yep!! So go book your tickets to this East Meets West concert NOW.
- Take each other (or the family) to Maple Weekend in Gowanda at Maple Glen Sugar House. Take a tour of the sugar house and overlook the process of how maple syrup is made and watch demos on tree tapping. Take a ride through their sugar bush with horse-drawn wagons and overload on sugar.
- The 6th Annual Edible Book Festival happens at WNY Book Arts in downtown from 4-8pm. Watch these books be on exhibit, judged…and then eaten! Check out the site for more details. Can’t just live off edible books for dinner- so make sure you swing by Pan Am in the Hotel Lafayette, Tappo, or Soho on Chippewa.