March went in like a lion and came out like….t-rex.
But April is already showing some love- and that is just what you need to hold on to with your lovebird this weekend!
- How much more ‘in love’ can you get with the story of Romeo and Juliet? The Buffalo Philharmonic and Neglia Ballet Artists take stage for this beautiful classic at Shea’s Performing Arts Center. 7:30pm. Northtowners- park at UB and take the subway in. (check subway schedule online, as the rail is now running on ONE) Or drive it downtown and reserve dinner at Cabaret, Encore, or Coco.
- Local Restaurant Week continues through this weekend and we cannot express enough how important it is! Not only are you supporting local business and our economy, you are giving yourself an indulgent treat and date night with your lovebird. (man dates and ladies night is in that category, too)
- Today is the LAST DAY to pledge to Mercado Revolution on kickstarter. This can be an ultimate food and market destination in Buffalo, but we need to work as a community to make it happen! Go NOW and support this amazing revolution. It is easy and quick! (we are just hoping it will be downtown!) 😀
- Do something DIFFERENT. African griot, Alassane Sarr’s N’Dias, takes the stage with dancers and musicians tonight at Kleinhans, 6pm. A griot is a traditional African storyteller- these were the people who would carry messages and also pass along stories for generations to come. $15
- It’s that time again to cross off some of those Bucket List bullets. Unyts hosts their 3rd Annual Bucket List Bash at Statler City tonight, beginning at 5:30pm. Walk the red carpet…perhaps get a tattoo…learn a new language…or peer in to the future! $25/person, $200/10 (take a group! double date…all the girls, all the guys) Ticket includes the ultimate cocktail party: food, drinks, & music from The Soul Providers. 21+
- It’s the first Friday of April- that means First Fridays Allentown. Here we have galleries, restaurants, and local businesses staying open late for you to peruse art, music, and other eccentric finds. Grab an umbrella and wellies and walk hand in hand along Allen! We suggest Melting Point (holy cheezus, this is good!), Crust Pizza Bar, and Allen Street Hardware for noshing.
- The Buffalo Small Press Book Fair occurs Saturday and Sunday at the Karpeles Manuscript Museum at 453 Porter Ave. Buffalo. Book lovers can chat with regional booksellers, authors, bookmakers, small presses, artists, poets etc….Free date!**
- Jay Leno is already touring? Yep. He will be at Seneca Niagara Events Center at 8pm in Niagara Falls, NY.Tickets run $56.50-$125.50…click above link to purchase!
- The ultimate tribute to Ray Charles is happening at Kleinhans with Ellis Hall on the keys. One lovebird attended Hall’s performance a few years ago and met with him after the show- she claims, ‘He is the kindest musician- humble and hilarious! We kept taking selfies and redoing pictures so he would ‘get his best angle’. **Ellis Hall lost his eyesight fully at the age of 18. This Ray Charles protege is NOT to be missed- his energy and smile is contagious. Get tickets now!
- Nickel City Chef.
Sorry, guys. We feel like we get you pumped up every week. Remember to follow their Twitter @NickelCityChef for Sunday’s play-by-play with Bacchus’ Chef Brian Mietus and Rue Franklin’s Chef Corey Kley. We can’t make a bet here, folks.
- Sunday shouts temperature at 50. Heatwave!!! Get out and walk around. Wherever you may be.