Summer is here, Buffalonians! You know it when you look at the events occurring this weekend and you just do not know where to start. We listed a brief weekenders to-do here, but make sure you check all sources to get ALL of the fantastic WNY dates!
- Kiss the Summer Hello- SOLD OUT. Who is gonna propose on stage tonight while Jason Derulo sings ‘Marry Me’? Oh boy…Hit up some after parties downtown.
- Red Cross Mash Bash: From 8pm-midnight, dance the night away at this military-themed fundraiser happening at the American Red Cross on Delaware Ave. Food, drinks, music, and…LANCE DIAMOND. ’nuff said. All proceeds support the Buffalo American Red Cross in emergency responses. $75/person. Read all the details here: The Bash
- Eclectic Improv at Burchfield-Penney: 8pm, $15/person…have you seen these guys? Go laugh your butt off. *great date night
- Polish Heritage Fest (Friday & Saturday): Head to the Hamburg Fairgrounds for a pierogi eating contest, live polka band, vendors, Polish Genealogy, and more. $10
- Closing party for the Congress for New Urbanism. 6pm at Larkin Square and open to everyone. Music, food, drink- you know the drill in Larkinville. Mix and mingle with some great minds of architecture, design, builders, and revolutionists.
Willie Nelson & Alison Krauss at Artpark: You do not want to miss out on this performance in Lewiston. Hit up Tin Pan Alley, The Silo, or Town Hall American Bistro for dinner.
Saturday Artisan Market at Canalside: From 10-5, venture around the waterfront and check out numerous artisans and vendors while enjoying the sunshine.
East Aurora Music Festival: 33 bands, 10 venues, auction, 50/50, Del Aureo’s pizza, sliders, beer & wine, and kettle corn…you can literally walk the town from band to band! $10, wrist band. Look over the site for info & get your mobile map.
Master of Great Architecture Walking Tour: Meet up at The Archer on Main St. for a walking tour of Buffalo’s greatest architects’ buildings. $10, $5 for students. 90 minutes to 2 hours- good exercise! 😉 Enjoy dinner afterward at The Archer with 10% deal.
Battle of the Blues Bands: from 3-6:30pm, head to Canalside to check out the competitors to open for George Thorogood on 6/27. Bring your chairs.
Woodlawn Beach: $7 to park in lot….or sneak in from the other side. We never said that. Get some Vitamin C. Grab your towels, sunscreen, cooler, shades, and frisbee. Also, the new tiki bar is open. Once we sun it up, we will take some photos for you guys. (instagram: buffalovebirds)
Down By the River Tour: $15, $5 student with ID…explore The Erie Canal, Old First Ward neighborhood, Cobblestone District, and the railroad history of the waterfront. 90 minutes to 2 hours. Meet up at The Swannie House 170 Ohio St.