What do we love about Trader Joe’s? You can find things you can’t get anywhere else. We love even getting the small hauls in for dinner here and there so we can get our hands on healthy and unique things.
This winter weekend we wanted to try their Acorn Squash with signature Trader Joe’s Black Bean and salsa. We’re all about being quick and full! So I grabbed Chloe and stopped by our local store to get the goods.
Easy items, quick to make, hardly any cleanup. Here is what we got:
(1) Acorn Squash
(1) corn tortillas
(1) TJ’s Black Bean Dip
(1) TJ’s Original Salsa
(1) Everything But the Bagel seasoning
(1) bag of Colorful Carrot Coins
(1) box of Riced Cauliflower Bowl as a second side
We had never tried acorn squash before! You can actually use it like you would cubing butternut squash or (like we did) as if it were spaghetti squash.
ACORN SQUASH WITH TRADER JOE’S SALSA:
- Preheat oven to 375. Cut it in half it length-wise and scoop out any seeds (roast them later if you want!)
- Coat evenly with olive oil and Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning
- In a clear baking dish, add water so it just covers the bottom. Then place squash face down. Bake for 40 minutes.
Toward the end of the oven time, place all carrot coins in to microwaveable bowl (we did not add water) and cook per instructions.
4. Once squash is tender, flip over and begin scraping the squash inside itself (you can keep in it or scoop out on to a plate)
5. Scoop on tablespoon of Trader Joe’s salsa on one side and the black bean dip on the other. You can leave on top or stir in. -or- Scoop out the squash on to plate and top with salsa and black bean dip. Your choice!
6. Season carrot coins with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (because it is AMAZING on anything) and serve alongside the squash.
Acorn Squash, seasoned and ready to eat!
That easy! Try it out this winter and tell us what you think! Want to see more Trader Joe’s ideas?? Check out some of our friends here to see what they have on their blog, too!